Since the outbreak of Covid19 our drivers have been issued with gloves, wipes, hand gel and disinfectant spray. They regularly disinfect the interior of the vehicles such as handrails and seat backs. Our buses are cleaned internally every day by their drivers.
All of our services are currently running to a school holiday service, however, as more schools start to go back, this may change. Please keep checking back here or on our social media pages for the latest updates.
Social Distancing On Our Buses
Most of the buses we use will safely seat up to 10 passengers under current social distancing rules, however, some such as some of our rural services and the Tesco Free Bus seat slightly less. When travelling with us, please follow these rules as outlined below:
1) Please wait for passengers to exit the vehicle first and do not gather close around the doors.
2) When queuing for the bus and waiting to get off the bus, please maintain 2 meters safe distance between you and the other passengers.
3) Whilst travelling on the bus, avoid sitting close to other passengers (unless they’re members of your household) and please don’t sit on the aisle seats.
4) The seats closest to our drivers are out of use and please don’t stand close to our drivers – or other passengers whilst waiting to get off.
5) If you are advised that the bus is full please don’t become abusive to our staff. This will not be tolerated. These rules are there to keep you and others safe.
6) Please avoid touching the interior of the vehicle as much as possible – handrails, seats, windows etc.
7) Do not eat or drink on the bus at any time.
8) If you feel unwell and are showing signs of Covid19, DO NOT TRAVEL.
9) Is your journey necessary? Only make essential journeys and leave space for those who really need to travel.
10) On the Tesco Free Bus, only use this service to travel to and from Tesco Whitstable. Do not use this service to travel into town or Estuary View. If you need either of these places, please use a service bus.
From 15th June all passengers MUST wear a face mask or covering when using public transport. Failure to do so will result in you being refused travel. For more information please visit : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#public-transport
We recommend that passengers also wear disposable gloves or use hand sanitiser – especially if they are paying a cash fare.
We offer a variety of tickets for your journey on our buses so whether you want to make a single trip or require one days unlimited travel, we have something for you. Unfortunately we currently don’t accept cashless payments on our bus services so please make sure your have money to pay for your journey. Our drivers do carry a limited float and are able to give change where available.
Single Ticket: For a single journey between two destinations.
Return Ticket: For a return journey between two destinations.
Weekly Ticket: For a 5 or 6 days worth of daily return journeys between two destinations.
Monthly Ticket: For 1 months worth of daily return journeys between two destinations.
Discovery Ticket: For 1 days UNLIMITED travel in the Southeast on most major bus operators.
We also accept most local authority concession bus passes as well as the KCC Travel Saver passes. These can all be scanned on our ticket machine as you enter the bus.
We do not accept Stagecoach or Arriva tickets on our services – EXCEPT for services 61/61A/90 and Stagecoach or Arriva issued Discovery Tickets.
As mentioned above, we issue and accept Discovery Tickets on our services. These are a great way to travel around the Southeast and are valid on many bus operators including: ASD, Arriva, Brighton & Hove, Chalkwell, Metrobus, Nu-Venture, Regent Coaches, Stagecoach and The Big Lemon. Discovery Tickets are valid for one day travel only and are handy if you are making a longer distance bus journey for which you would normally pay for. Please buy your Discovery Ticket from your Regent Coaches driver as you board the bus.
FAMILY £17.50 (A family ticket is up to 2 adults and 3 children!)
We accept PlusBus Tickets on our buses in the following areas: Canterbury, Deal, Dover, Herne Bay, Margate, Sandwich and Whitstable . Please show your ticket to the driver as you board the bus.
For more information please visit the PlusBus website: www.plusbus.info
Catching Our Buses.
Our services use all the regular bus stops no matter what the branding on the actual bus stop flag. There are certain incidences where there are multiple stops in a town centre that we will only serve a certain one, this will be advertised on our timetable. In certain rural areas there are no physical bus stop flags so please stand in a safe location away from any junctions and signal clearly to our driver when you see your bus approaching. Please have your pass or fare ready when you board the bus.